Didn’t sleep well last night. Woke up later than wanted, but still worked out while Hubby took Youngest to school. And I kid you not, I actually almost dozed while working out. Towards the end I felt a little more awake, but I’m useless in the morning until I’ve showered. I did manage a thirty minute workout, the first in several weeks. Hope to keep up with it, that way I can get more serious about re-building those leg muscles. Wanted to get into work early so I could help with prep for school kids that were to show up at 11:30. Here’s what happened:
- Couldn’t myself or Hubby motivated enough to head out at 8:50
- Half-way there realized I forgot part of my uniform
- Saw Boss put next weeks schedule up and still have only three days
- There were two 10 o’clock people and we got everything done in 10 minutes (we open at 10:30)
- The school kids canceled. They’ll be there Friday, our busiest day
- By 12 it felt like it should have been 2, and I wasn’t the only one who felt that
- Was threatened to be sent home at 2 to save labor. Showed off Grill abilities to stay
- Reaffirmed with myself that Shift Leader is a complete blonde, and she’s really a brunette
Yup. That was the jist of the day. Thankfully Hubby’s unemployment check showed up. He went to the butcher shop one town over and scored quite a bit of meat for just 20 bucks. I love my Hubby. He has mean shoppin’ skillz. And honestly people, I do recommend checking out your local shop. First, make sure it’s clean. Second, make sure there are no funky smells. The only funky smell I want in there is the bleach they’ve used to keep it clean. And third, the meat had better be fresh and well cared for- dates, refrigeration, etc. You can usually score really great deals at these places, and it’s typically top quality. And some even have little mini-marts in them where you can find lots of fresh food, or local produce for dirt cheap as well. It pays to scope these places out.
Still stuck on Civilization: Revolution. Methinks I need to sneak a peak at one of the online guides to see how others have done it. Though I feel a little shame, since these games typically come so easy for me. Oh well, it’s been a nice challenge.
I guess that’s it. There may be more, but I’m sleepy and want my bed.