Maybe it’s time for an update… Maybe.

Yeah, it’s been a while. Then again I’ve been kinda in and out of the loop for a few months now, and well… I’m probably gonna be that way for a while yet. For those not in the know (and I know there has to be some people I haven’t told yet, or they haven’t checked e-mails, etc) The Hubby and I are expecting what will be our last child. Yes, you read that right. I’m roughly four months along and though I’m feeling miserable and the timing has been crappy, I’m happy. I’m not going into detail about a lot of things with this yet, just know that for now things are looking up and I’m feeling more positive about it all, even though the pain that has been following me for damn near five years is making life miserable. Had morning sickness pretty bad for the better part of the first three months, and that is working its way out of my system, though it’s leaving some remnants Meat, something I love to eat dearly, is a bit of an adversary right now, especially chicken and pork, and red meat is not far behind. I can stomach certain kinds of each, but they change and it drives me up the wall (and poor Hubby, too). Any heavily seasoned food (or if certain seasonings are used, like Rosemary) I can’t tolerate. And the list goes on. I’m hoping the further along I get, the more I can go back to eating. When I was pregnant with the Youngest it was touch and go. Towards the end of it though, I could eat almost anything, but at the same time I wasn’t feeling good at all and didn’t feel like eating a whole lot :(.

Sadly, due to a combo of the pain and the pregnancy, I’ve had to cut my hours back at work. Since I can’t stand for long periods, or do anything too strenuous, I haven’t been able to do my normal regimen of dealing with the pain. No workouts, though a few stretches here and there have been fine, but anything else, and I begin to not feel good. And everyday about the same time, my lower back starts in on me (whether I work or not, but it is worse on the days where I’m on my feet more) and it causes cramping to start if I don’t sit down and relax for a bit. I go into the doctor today, so hopefully we’ll have more info and/or ideas on what is going on and how we can better handle it. I know if I have to, I’ll stay home for the remainder of the pregnancy, but I would prefer not to. Finances can’t handle that, and in South Carolina, pregnant women can’t get disability except in special cases and then you have to wait forever to receive the money, so it’s not even worth trying for it. I am just very grateful that I have an understanding enough boss that he’s gone to bat for me to make sure that I can still get some hours and keep my job. He could have just said, nope, don’t think so, but he didn’t. We both prefer me to be able to work more hours, but my health and the baby’s health are factors here.

And for the love of all the gods, please! If you know where I live, don’t stop by anytime soon! The place is a wreck. *hangs head down in shame* I have a small time frame in the morning where I feel well enough to be able to do things, and most of the time I am working during that. I have gotten to where on some days I can do stuff in the afternoons, but I never count on those. The kids do help out, but they have school work to concern themselves with, so I try to make sure they don’t have a whole lot to do. But it still feels like I’m way behind. The zoo does help though. Which has not been as fun as it sounds.

Onto other news. Went to Columbia yesterday to meet up with family, and even though we didn’t go to the zoo like we had hoped, we had a nice lunch at Macaroni Grill. You see, my mother-in-law was talking to her mother-in-law about the time Hubby and I took the kids and more specifically about the lorikeet enclosure, where you can go in, feed them and they land on you and all kinds of hilarity ensues :). Since it was spring break for Grandpa (who is a teacher), they decided a trip from the mid-west to here was worth it to see family and to go to the zoo. Yeah, mother nature had other ideas! It rained, and it didn’t stop fully until after we left Columbia. It stunk, but it’s like we all said, there will be other times. It was great seeing everyone and even though I think we stressed out the restaurant (we were a group of 13), the food was good and the company was better. Just wish the rain had stopped sooner.

Youngest’s Girl Scout Troop is having a blast now with the cookie sales. They did pretty good with the pre-sales, and it seems we’re doing better than last year with the booth sales, which is great. This will help the Troop pay for a lot of things they have planned they’d like to do, and one thing they don’t know about yet ;). And I think it’s helped to get the older girls in the troop to get to know the newer ones a bit better. We have two more weeks left before the booths stop and the money has to be turned in. So far so good. And we’ve been doing better with the Cookies for Soldiers as well. For those not in the know, that’s where we take donations to send cookies to the Troops overseas so they can have a little bit of home. Last weekend, at our booth from 11-2, we raised round about $60 for the Troops. I think that was awesome. Upcoming events: camping, canoeing and a bunch of other things! We’re gonna be busy.

On the gaming front, I haven’t been playing nearly as much as I’d like to. Not feeling good is a major factor in that, and I’ve felt really bad about that, because it’s affected times I’ve set up with others to collect a few achievements in the games. Hopefully that will be changing. A friend and I have been trying and trying to get together for Fable III game time for the last week, and it’s me canceling each time. And we have Dragon Age II coming out tomorrow. Can’t wait for that, but I had hoped to have knocked out more Fable cheevoes before DA was released. Tonight is the last night for a little while, unless he and I both decide to take a break from Dragon Age… a very slim possibility, but doable. Oh, and is it November yet? Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 are out around that time. Yup, gonna have to win the lottery, or hope Hubby has best job ever so I can take November to December off from work. And not just for the holidays either ;).

The Computer from hell. As far as I’m concerned, from now on, unless it says Alienware on it, I don’t want it. Dell, how far you have fallen, truly. I cannot play Sims on this PC without having my old video card from the old PC in it, and the case is too short for the card, so the cover has to stay off. I found the video card that Dell swore up and down was perfect for my PC and it would fit. Well, it fit, BUT it wasn’t compatible with Windows XP. So I just will have to deal with not being able to play Sims for now. With all the cats we have it was not fun having the case to the PC open for the other card and it just really sucks right now. I can get the onboard video card to start the game, but the moment I try to do anything other than Create-A-Sim or load a household, it crashes due to the card. So, yeah. Grrr.

Haven’t started my garden yet, and in a way I’m glad. The weather has been wonky the last few weeks, between rain, freezes and lots of wind. It would have killed a lot of what I would have planted. I haven’t uncovered my irises yet, even though I have a lot of new growth peeking out. Will wait another week or so until we have more consistent weather. Don’t want happening what happened last year, with me loosing nearly everything to several days of hard rain. Not going to go as big as I wanted to this year, mainly because of money, but also I want to make sure it’s stuff I can handle while being pregnant. So the full on square foot gardening will have to wait for next year (along with my potatoes). But we did pick up two new planters to add to what we already have, a huge thing of soil and a bunch of seeds. Once I have everything planted I’ll list what all we have. Right now I can’t remember and am feeling lazy enough to not get up and get the seeds :P.

Besides being behind in house work, I’m behind in communications (e-mails, phone calls, Facebook msgs, etc.), the book and life in general. Not so much behind in the TV watching, as I can do that while laying down and resting. But I’m hoping to have a day this week where I can get caught up with it all, as there are a few people (one in particular) that I haven’t talked to in ages and really want to. Sadly, as one of my friends recently discovered, trying to reach me at night is no good. I’m typically not feeling too good or I’m sleeping standing up. So if you haven’t heard from me in ages, it’s not you. It’s me. Hoping to have all this evened out soon so I can be behind (as is normal), just not this far behind.

And if you didn’t already know, I have a moron for a dog. We’ve had to take to shutting the bedroom door during the day due to the Horde (Smoker, Tank and Ghost) spraying everywhere. We’ve been minimizing it and once we catch them or the mess, it’s cleaned up ASAP. A few spots we’ve had to move the furniture and get out the carpet cleaner, but tomorrow we will hopefully no longer have to worry about it. They are going to get fixed! It doesn’t totally stop them from doing it, as I have known some male cats to continue doing it. And the Hordlings go in next week as well. Yay! So what does this have to do with Vader being a moron? Well, I mentioned we closed the bedroom door, right? My moronic dog (how I love him though) has figured out that if he pushes on it enough, he can force the door open! And in the process he’s injured his snout pretty bad. It’s raised up almost like a bug bite, but there is no skin on it. A nice little, circle spot on his snout near his nose. And Vader continues to try to open the door (when we don’t have the grate in front of it), further injuring it. I’ve been cleaning it up and putting first aid cream on it (a kind just for puppies and kitties), but if he keeps this up I’ll have to take him to the vet, and frankly, I’d like to be able to pay my bills this month. So yeah, Vader is my moronic, yet lovable puppy.

Originally started this blog about 6:30 this morning and wanted it done and posted long before now, but we had an accident this morning. The girls have been doing the litter boxes full-time now, since I can’t even really look at one till after the baby is born. It was Youngest’s turn to do them this morning, and on her way in from taking the old litter out, she slipped and fell on the porch. Poor kid. She’s fine now (and hopefully will continue being that way) and up at school, but it was scary for a few minutes there. At first we were gonna take her to the ER, but we knew nothing was broken (that we could tell) and it wasn’t acting like it was sprained. So I took her up to school, and into the nurse’s office. The nurse checked her out and said she should be fine, but will help keep an eye on her. She also recommended we bring up some Tylenol and a brace, just in case. So after I helped her get into her first class, I went off to Wally World, and picked up some for her, along with a bag for her to carry her books around in. At her school they have what they call blocks. They still have the traditional periods, but they are grouped up into blocks, and during those blocks, they cannot stop and go to their lockers. So to make it easier on the kids, we get them smaller bags to help carry their stuff around in. Well, this child has been through many of them, and they never lasted long. The last little bit I’ve made her go without. Well, after seeing all the books she has to carry just to first block, I picked her up a bag. It’s similar to a messenger bag, a lot sturdier (I hope!) than the canvas bags she had before, and cost much less than all the other bags did. Let’s see how long this one lasts. I took all that up to the school for her. Hope the rest of her day goes well. This kind of reminded me of the time Oldest sprained her wrist during Colour Guard. Damn kids need to stop doing all this.

Had planned on doing a bunch of chores this morning before heading out to the doctor’s for my appointment. But, I may have to forgo some of it. Not feeling to well now :(. Guess it was too exciting this morning. Guess I’ll go and rest for a bit and see how I feel before doing anything.


One thought on “Maybe it’s time for an update… Maybe.

  1. Congrats to you and the hubby!! I know we’ve been prety out of touch over the last several months but you know I’m always thinking of you. My baby’s getting big…11 months next week! I was hoping to be able to go see you on a vacation this year but if that’s going to be too hard on you just say so. I don’t want to stress you and the baby out. Talk to you soon…I hope!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s